User & Stakeholder Understanding
- Engage with customers and collaborate with internal stakeholders - Customer Success Manager, Support, Energy Consultants and potentially Project Managers - to elicit, document, and prioritise customer’s needs, pain points and opportunities that fit into the wider product vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders - Energy Product Experts and Energy Consultants, Algorithm Engineers - to elicit, document, and prioritise internal user’s needs, pain points and opportunities that fit into the wider product vision and strategy.
Industry Analysis & Competitive Analysis
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to analyse data related to the utilities and energy industry to identify market trends, patterns, and insights.
- Identify gaps, opportunities, and discrepancies in the intended roadmap of the Platform and Applications teams in terms of meeting expected market demands.
- Identify emerging trends and patterns among competitors, identify where they excel and where they leave much to be desired.
- Align with Product Definition to ensure defined features resolve identified pain points, meet identified requirements, and/or answer to identified opportunities.
- Verify whether newly added features delivered the intended value by resolving the gap or pain point they are built to address, or filling the opportunity they are meant to tackle.
Documentation and Learning Materials
- Collaborate with Energy Consultants, Project Managers, Customer Success, Support and the Partnership Manager to identify common questions and gaps in the available materials.
- Get informed about the topics surrounding common questions and gaps and (collaborate with Product Managers and Energy Product Experts to) document information and build training materials that fit in with the existing content.
- Ensure the available materials are kept up to date with new product developments.
- Evangelise the available materials to relevant internal stakeholders - Project Managers, Customer Success, Support, Partnership Manager.
Support Requirements Definition
- Together with the product manager, translate industry pain points into tangible, defined features and convert high-level ideas into detailed, actionable requirements.
- Evangelise the business value behind the technical requirements to the product team (engineers).
- Together with the product manager, collaborate with the designer to ensure user experience aligns with product goals, and with the technical architect to ensure technical requirements are well-defined and align with the product architecture